5 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Heart
Are you looking to support the health of your heart? Here are five simple ways to promote cardiovascular wellness:
1. Get active. Just 30 minutes of moderate exercise per day will help support a healthy endothelium and NO production.
2. Lose weight. Even a small amount of weight loss can have a huge impact on your cardiovascular system.
3. Eat well. Cut out fast food and add more fruit, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat dairy to your diet.
4. Increase your Omega-3 intake. In 2004, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a qualified health claim for Omega-3 fatty acids and reduced risk of coronary heart disease for conventional foods and dietary supplements that contain EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids and meet other requirements laid out by the FDA.
5. Get your nutrients. Specific cardio products help supplement key nutrients to support your heart health.
Do you have other tips for supporting heart health?